What we have achieved
Our specialists have a wide range of experience in education. During their careers they have:
- Reviewed ICT across a school’s complete curriculum and produced an improvement plan to embed technology effectively, contributing to a subsequent “Outstanding” evaluation by Ofsted.
- Planned, organised and delivered a programme of training events on developing sustainable pedagogy for using learning platforms, interactive whiteboards, Web 2.0 applications and multi-media facilities in the classroom, so that teachers were empowered to take advantage of technology to raise attainment in their own classes.
- Managed a Regional Broadband Consortium (Cumbria & Lancashire) for three years as Project Director, managing the installation of schools’ broadband access and a content development team of curriculum specialists.
- Provided online services for BT (Campus 2000 & Campus World) as Head of Education Services for the company.
- Delivered strategic support for the use of learning platforms for a local authority
- Managed a company producing many significant education websites: The BETT Show, The Education Show, NAACE, National Trust, British Council, Microsoft, etc…
- Designed, developed and maintained a large secondary school website more than doubling the number of visits per day and becoming the main source of information for parents.
- Embedded the use of the learning platform across a school, developing its use for homework projects and revision materials and encouraging pupils to become independent learners.
- Planned and implemented a middle leader programme for new subject leaders from 8 secondary schools. This produced paired action research through collaborative working.
- Provided successful targeted support for teachers to help them improve the quality of lessons delivered when measured against Ofsted criteria.
- Designed a support network for newly qualified teachers. Implemented the programme through termly events, email and one-to-one support.
- Supported classroom teachers in planning and implementing intervention to raise achievement at KS4.
- Coached colleagues at all stages in their careers to provide sustained improvements in classroom practice.